The perfect complement to a hearty winter meal.
Cooking apple slices on the stovetop is quite simple, and it’s a great way to add a little variety to your fruit options. Give this delicious side a try, tweak it to suit your taste, and see if it fits on your Christmas menu.
- 1 pound (2 large or 3 small) apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour
- Peel, core, quarter, and slice the apples.
- Combine in a saucepan with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
- Cook on medium-low heat until apples are tender and sauce is thick.
- Reduce heat to low until you are ready to serve.