Before you have to deal with the next drought, be proactive. Plan ways to make your garden more water-efficient. Consider reading Drought Gardening by Sue Hakala.
This Storey Country Wisdom Bulletin offers concise suggestions that all gardeners, and especially gardeners in drought-prone areas, will do well to consider. Topics include:
- Choosing the best garden site possible.
- Purchasing water-efficient plants.
- Adjusting your planting calendar to the climate.
- Preparing your soil to conserve water.
- Protecting your water resources with mulch.
- Watering your garden effectively.
- Raising plants in containers.
Many great nuggets of information to pick through here. Take what fits your needs. Your plants will thank you.