There’s nothing like a homemade gift to warm someone’s heart at Christmas. The time and love put into a handcrafted present make it special.
If you enjoy country living, you have an excellent opportunity to make and grow gifts that will touch others. Need some inspiration? Consider these ideas:
- Heirloom seeds. If you raise and save seeds from heirloom plants, why not share that favorite variety with a gardening relative?
- Live plants. Some of your family members might enjoy a sample of a perennial plant to grow. Perhaps you can share a productive and hardy variety of berry, or maybe an herb in a pot.
- Herbal concoctions. Many people have an interest in herbs, even if they don’t necessarily grow them. Delight someone this Christmas with dried herbs for cooking or making tea.
- Kitchen treats. Are you good at baking homemade bread? Is your jelly a favorite? Share some of that down-home goodness with friends and family this year.
- Country crafts. Put your skills to work creating something for that special someone. Build a birdhouse; knit a scarf; paint a rural scene. The sky is the limit!