There’s nothing like a homemade gift to warm someone’s heart at Christmas. The time and love put into a handcrafted present make it special.
If you enjoy country living, you have an excellent opportunity to make and grow gifts that will touch others. Need some inspiration? Consider these ideas:
- Heirloom seeds. If you raise and save seeds from heirloom plants, why not share that favorite variety with a gardening relative?
- Live plants. Some of your family members might enjoy a sample of a perennial plant to grow. Perhaps you can share a productive and hardy variety of berry, or maybe an herb in a pot.
- Herbal concoctions. Many people have an interest in herbs, even if they don’t necessarily grow them. Delight someone this Christmas with dried herbs for cooking or making tea.
- Kitchen treats. Are you good at baking homemade bread? Is your jelly a favorite? Share some of that down-home goodness with friends and family this year.
- Country crafts. Put your skills to work creating something for that special someone. Build a birdhouse; knit a scarf; paint a rural scene. The sky is the limit!
Consider some of these ways to share your produce this Christmas. Read our full review.
Children will enjoy making these projects as much as friends and family will enjoy receiving them! Read our full review.
Looking for something useful to build? This book might provide some inspiration. Read our full review.
Don’t buy a card this Christmas—make one! Read our full review.