Welcome to the world of draft animals!
We are pleased to announce the release of a new book: Draft Animals: 100 Answers for Harnessing Animal Power by Michelle Lindsey.
Acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to choose and purchase a draft team, and then learn to work them in the field, woodlot, or market garden. Draft Animals uses a unique Q&A format to deliver concise answers to your most pressing questions.
Learn key information for getting started:
- Determine if draft animals are right for you.
- Choose between oxen, horses, mules, and donkeys, or something less conventional.
- Select the breed that will best fit your environment and method of working.
- Purchase and bring home a team.
- Feed and care for your working draft animals.
- Choose equipment such as harnesses and implements.
- Work with draft animals safely and comfortably.
- Train draft animals from scratch.
- Consider breeding your own draft team.
Along the way you will also learn about the history and biology of draft animals.
Draft Animals is the first book in the Country Living Answers series, a new series Homestead on the Range is launching to directly answer frequently asked questions about a variety of country living topics. These are questions that country living enthusiasts like you really ask on a regular basis.
So get started with animal power! Find answers to your questions today!
Free sample pages are available for preview.