Soil is the foundation of all agriculture. Healthy soil fosters healthy plants, which in turn build healthy animals and humans.
No matter how much we learn about the biology, chemistry, and other properties of soil, there is always more to discover. Read on to find out what our readers have been researching.
10. Why Thorns and Thistles Grow
7. Pros and Cons of Hot Composting
5. A Beginner’s Guide to Peat Humus
4. Pros and Cons of Cold Composting
3. Pros and Cons of No-Dig Gardening
2. C:N Ratios of Common Organic Materials
1. Garden Soil Colors and What They Mean
Soil Quick Start
More of our best soil resources, plus a step-by-step guide to soil improvement.