Microwave Bread Pudding
A delicious breakfast or dessert to use up those leftover bread crusts.
You know what they say—waste not, want not. And what more delicious application of this proverb is there than bread pudding?
This super-easy recipe, adapted from a Betty Crocker cookbook, is a family favorite and an excellent way to keep those bread heels and halves from going to waste. If you make your own homemade bread on a regular basis, it’s hearty, too.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 eggs
- Place milk and butter in a 4-cup microwavable measuring cup. Microwave uncovered on high 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread bread cubes evenly in a round microwavable dish, 8 x 1-1/2 inches.
- Sprinkle with raisins, brown sugar, and nuts.
- Quickly beat eggs into warm water mixture. Pour over fruit.
- Microwave uncovered on 70% power for 9 to 12 minutes until center is almost set (center will set while standing).
- Serve warm.